Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Some of My Favorites

Per my suggestion, Heather asked my sister to be her official wedding photographer. My sister is not a pro, but she's got a good eye and a good camera and she's cheap. I asked her if I could play "assistant" with the backup camera because I have always had a secret yearning to be a wedding photographer. I was excited, but really nervous because lots of people I know have been extremely dissatisfied with their wedding photography and I've also seen what really talented professionals can do. Would Heather be happy with her wedding photos? If not, I would feel responsible.

Between my sister and I, we took nearly a thousand photos at the reception. We pared them down to about 250 to keep and then had a lot of fun using Photoshop to edit and enhance them. We got not only some lovely photos of the bride and groom but a really nice shot of just about every member of the Badger's family and every aspect of the reception.

There were so many memorable moments captured during the course of the evening. It was really hard to choose just a few to share on my blog. Here are some favorites:

Louisa, the oldest of the grandchildren, signs the guestbook...


Little Maddie could not leave the refreshment table alone...


I got Allison to pose with her new baby by the apple tree...


And despite what she says, my mother-in-law is beautiful...




This is just the beginning. Keep scrolling down for a taste of this most beautiful evening.
Posted by Picasa


No comments: