Tuesday, July 29, 2008

A Garage Full of Chickens

Shane and Shannon, our friends who live in the country, recently got a whole bunch of chickens. They are currently living in their garage.


I don't think I've ever been around half-grown chickens before. It's interesting to see the way their coloring is developing.


They live right alongside the rabbits and they all seem to get along just great.


They won't be in the garage much longer though. Shane is building them a coop and yard out by his horse pasture. By the time they move out there, hopefully they will be starting to lay eggs. And hopefully Shane and Shannon will remember that they said we could have some of the eggs!

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Hill said...

It sounds like you are in heaven! Although all that farm life just doesn't sound that fun to me. I am not a big animal person. And rabbits? Just looking at a picture of one got me sneezing. John wants chickens though. I would just be happy with a big garden!