Monday, March 17, 2008

Happy Saint Patrick's Day!

We decided to have green eggs and ham for St. Patrick's Day. Last year I made corned beef and cabbage and no one really liked it, myself included. So we went with safe and silly this year, if you can call food coloring safe.

I got a little heavy handed with the green food coloring when I was doing the eggs, but the kids of course thought that was wonderful:


Since the baby was snoozing, I decided to whip up a batch of green pancakes as well. I tried not to make them too toxic-looking.



My kids were pretty happy.

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Annalea said...

Hmmm . . . maybe I'll have to make purreed spinach pancakes for dinner, with a little spirulina thrown in for added color. ;o) We're so un-festive around here!

You know, a blogger I once knew made blue-colored chicken, to see if people would eat it. Nobody would--not even her toddler. Isn't it funny how colors can affect our perception of food?