Monday, March 17, 2008

Goal Clarification

Thanks to everyone who said I look great and like I don't need to lose 35 lbs. That's really a compliment to the Badger's photography skills.

I asked the Badger to take a "before" picture of me. He knelt down and shot upward at me, saying "don't smile!" It was an awful picture, and I told him so. My hips looked twice as wide as my shoulders. He said "that's what you're supposed to do for a 'before' picture." I replied that he was right, but you don't show that kind of "before" picture until after you've lost the weight, so please take another one shooting down at me and not up and try to flatter me somewhat. He did, and that's the picture you saw.

I still have the awful picture and I will post it after I have lost the weight as my "before" picture. Then you will really see why I need to lose 35 lbs. It's all in my hips. I have no complaints about my waist. I would just like to get out of size 18 jeans.

And Annalea, I will be delighted to have you (and anyone else) join me in my efforts. Like you said, "Here's to taking care of ourselves!"

No comments: