Monday, April 6, 2009

Thank You, Melissa

A wonderful friend of mine just did a post on her blog about car seats that was really an eye-opener to me. You can read it here. Several people have asked me questions about my decision to purchase Britax seats recently. I am very glad I was able to buy them and I love them. However, if you can only afford the basic seats I think it's more important that you use whatever seat you've got correctly or in a way that maximizes their effectiveness and doesn't just satisfy the minimum requirements of the law.

I'm switching the Rabbit back to rear-facing. Those crash-test videos are pretty convincing. And Fish is definitely going into a 5-point harness.

I've definitely changed my tune when it comes to car seats.

5 comments:

janeannechovy said...

I switched Cindy Lou back to rear-facing this weekend, and she hasn't protested. Newton is 8 and technically old enough to go without, but he's still in a five-point harness and I'm not in a hurry to let him out of it!

Josie said...

Ug car crash videos scare me to death- I cant beleive there are people out there that dont think 1 year olds even need a car seat!

Melissa said...

I'm glad I could help! I worried a lot about posting something that could be taken as being "controversial," but I'm glad I did. Good for you for turning your little one rear facing again. I love that Braden still is!

Melissa :)

Melissa said...

Oh, and it's great that Fish will be in a 5-point harness as well. I really recommend Radians by Sunshine kids.

Melissa :)

The Hills said...

Thanks for the link. Wow, I really had no idea. If I switched Tyler back to a 5 point he would throw a hissy fit (something he is all too good at doing). But since he is over 65 pounds and almost 50 inches (about as big as a 7 year old), I think he is fine. Although I am switching Curtis around today!