Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Gustav's Swan Song

We've been getting spattered by the outermost fingers of the dissolving Hurricane Gustav. This is so funny to me. Here were are about as far away from the ocean as you can get and yet the rain that is falling on us right now was sucked out of the Gulf of Mexico by a massive hurricane. I think it's the first time in my life I've ever been rained on by a hurricane, so I feel special.

Yesterday there was a rather dramatic sky as the outer fringe of Gustav descended over our area. I grabbed the camera and ran to photograph it, but BOTH sets of my rechargable batteries were dead. The picture I took this morning is not nearly as dramatic, but it's still Gustav.

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

GStaples said...

It was cool watching the weather the other day. Seth and Kalene loved it. The clouds did a different swirlling thing. Swirlling is that a word?