Monday, July 27, 2009

Tired and Wired

As the evening wore on at the ward campout, my boys got more and more wired. This was mostly because as soon as the campfire was built they had access to all the marshmallows they could get their little paws on.


If you enlarge this picture you can see that each of my boys is roasting quite a few 'mallows on their stick. This is only one of many, many trips to the fire pit.


My Roo, on the other hand, quickly started to wind down once it got dark. The Badger really enjoyed snuggling her on the swing.


On the way to the campout, Roo got two big gobs of bubblegum in her hair (I HATE bubblegum-- anyone know how to get it out of Sunday pants?) The first thing we did upon arriving was to procure some margarine and remove the gum. She spent the whole evening running around with oily hair, getting dirtier and dirtier. When we got home late that night (we did not stay overnight!) I thought it was so cute to see how curly her hair was from all the oil.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Dr. Croc said...

Peanut butter will help remove the gum, but often leaves oil stains. Ice can help make the gum brittle enough to break off.

John said...

I think my kids would love a ward campout, and I would go nuts trying to keep track of them all. And tired and wired would be the right combination for all of them.