Saturday, August 15, 2009

Old Treasures

The Old Schoolhouse homeschooling magazine has a promotion on right now for a bunch of free gifts with purchase of a subscription. I was going to subscribe anyway, so this is just icing on the cake. One of the gifts was a free photo calendar. I decided to use some old photos from our first couple of years of marriage for the calendar, which means I'm doing some scanning.

I was a well-trained and passionate film photographer and I resisted the change to digital. With the advent of digital scrapbooking, digital photography has become one of my great joys in life. I need to work on getting all my beautiful old prints scanned. It'll take awhile, but I did a dozen today and that's a start.

Here is Bean the day he was blessed, eight years ago sometime about now:


Here's me in February of 2000, about two months after we got married. We took a day trip down to Arches National Park (ah, the things you can do for day trips when you live in Utah!)


Here's the Badger on the Oregon coast in August of 2000. That was our first trip to the coast together. First of many.


This is one of my favorite photos I've ever taken. I believe it was the fall of 2001. The location is Kathryn Albertson Park in Boise, Idaho. We used to go on walks there every day that fall with Baby Bean. It's one of my favorite places in the world.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: