Wednesday, June 24, 2009

My Caboose

When we left Idaho at the end of 2006 I left my double stroller behind. I've managed to live without one until recently. I was trying to put off buying one but the shenanigans I was pulling off to avoid needing one were getting a bit ridiculous. Finally when I was planning a trip to the Temple with my cousin prior to her wedding and my babysitter wanted to take the kids to the zoo I decided the time had come to take the plunge.

Other than the fact that double strollers are very expensive, the other thing that was holding me off was that I could not decide which stroller to buy. If I was going to shell out big bucks I wanted to have the right stroller.

As I mentioned my dilemma to my friends, everyone told me the same thing: "get a Sit 'n Stand." I didn't think I wanted one, but after hearing that emphatically five times I started to pay attention. I did a little research and settled on the Joovy Caboose. Then I found one on Craig's List in nearly new condition for a lot less.


And I LOVE it! It has been so fabulous. It pushes easily and folds up easily and compactly. I can tell it's quality-built. And Roo loves her little spot in the back. She can get in and out as needed, stand up, or sit down. I can also buckle her in if I want to. It has been perfect for our around-town outings (like the wedding reception, as shown above.)

The one thing that it isn't perfect for is long walks around the neighborhood. Roo likes to put her feet down and drag them on the ground and she gets a little squirmy being rear-facing for so long. I eventually intend to buy a bike trailer that converts to a jogging stroller which will cover all our exercise needs. But I'm so very very glad I bought my Joovy Caboose!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: