Monday, June 16, 2008

Cynthia On Ice

Cynthia is a sort of relative of mine whom I'd never met until I moved here and who I don't know how I've ever lived without. Cynthia rocks. Cynthia ice skates. But she's not your typical ice skater. It was her childhood dream, but she wasn't able to start pursuing it until she was in her 30s.

Last Saturday we went to watch her skate in preparation for her first ever skating competition. She was awesome! It was hard to get good pictures, but I think it was Michelle that got these:


She's skating to music from "Peter Pan," the 2003 live-action version. Do you remember the music from the scene where Peter and Wendy are dancing with the fairies? Beautiful!


It's never too late to go after your dreams!

Here she goes into a spin:



She won two gold medals at the competition. Go Cynthia!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: