Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Count Me In, Pooh!

I was trying to decide whether or not to buy a particular audio version of Winnie the Pooh for our upcoming vacation to Utah when I ran across this fantastic review on amazon.com, from Jay Rudin in Dallas, TX:

"I first read Pooh as a child, when my mornings were spent with the Spotted or Herbaceous Backson, and my afternoons were spent doing Nothing. It was a good book then, which I really enjoyed.

But I don't do Nothing any more. Well, not so much. They don't let you. Now my life is spent going around and around the thicket looking for the Woozle, or going bump, bump, bump down the stairs, thinking that there must be a better way, if only I could stop bumping long enough to think of it.

Now I need Pooh. I need to be reminded that spelling isn't everything - that there are some days when spelling TUESDAY simply doesn't count.

Pooh and Piglet are wondering where you've been. Eeyore told them that you're not coming back. "They've forgotten" said Eeyore. "Typical," said Eeyore. "How Like Them," he said.

But you can come back, you know. You can find a Thoughtful Spot, or join an Expotition for the North Pole, or even drop sticks off a bridge.

Because the Forest will always be there, and anyone who is Friendly with Bears can find it."

No comments: