Friday, September 25, 2009

A Day to Remember

Ten years ago today, the Badger and I hiked up to Timpanogos Cave. I was taking an upper-division Geography class at BYU on landforms and one of the requirements was to tour the cave. I decided since I had to go anyway it would make a romantic date.


It turned out to be very romantic. After the cave tour, as the Badger and I sat on a bench overlooking the canyon, he got down on his knee and asked me to marry him.

I was so surprised that I didn't say anything at first. A panicked look came over his face and he said "please???"

There wasn't anyone around to take a picture of that historic moment. But earlier this month we were at the cave again and we reenacted the scene. This time Grandpa Badger took a picture. Here we are ten years later (with our little pink and purple offspring in the background.)


What an amazing, hard, crazy ten years it's been! We would do it again. Oh, yes, we would do it again.

Here's my Badger ten years ago on the trail down from the cave (so, just minutes after we got engaged).


Here's my Badger in just about the same spot, just about ten years later.

I'm so very glad he asked. It was a good thing we started. And it just keeps getting better.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I loved the pictures of your Timp hike and the memories it evoked. I'm also very glad you got started!

Annalea said...

It definitely is a good thing you started. A very good thing you've built, too!